Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just need each other

I had intended on posting a photo with every post since I am a photographer. But my computer is broken and my photos reside all over the place right now and not easily attainable. I will come back with all of these past photos of things we did later. I think I may post date them so I have it for record keeping. Like an on-line scrapbook/journal. :)

Last night didn't go as I had envisioned. That is ok! :)

I had a photo shoot and canceled because I was not (and am not) feeling well. So, I went home instead. I drive like mad to get to Katie's daycare because I just adore picking her up from school. Except for when there are notes from the teachers that can't possibly talk to us, they have to document it instead and make me feel like a horrible parent. I digress...

When I get home from work and picking up Katie from daycare, the one thing I get kind of excited about is my husband coming out to greet us. It doesn't always happen, he works from home and is sometimes otherwise involved, but it happens the majority of the time. I open the garage and pull in and I kind of wait to see if the door will open or not.

I admit, I am never in a good mood when I get home from work. I don't know why really. I need a good 30 minutes to unwind, but I don't have 30 minutes. So, to my dear, dear husband, I am sorry I am grouchy.

Last night was no exception. We had gotten a note from the teachers at Katie's school that Katie was still hungry after lunch and asking for more. There was no more so she had to go hungry. Lovely note making me feel like a bad parent. Todd packs Katie's lunch most days (probably 95% of the time) though I agreed when we put her in daycare that I would pack her lunch. I think it is time that I start packing it again. I need to get out of bed just 10 minutes earlier (not a morning person) and pack the lunch (I did this morning!)

So then I remembered that my dear friend Meg had posted a Scavenger Hunt on our mommies board. I went to look for the list, but remembered my computer was not working. Went on Todd's computer, but it didn't have the link to the group and the group is hidden from public searches so I couldn't search. Well, we finally found it, got the list, got it ready to print, remembered we were out of ink. :) Found the ink, replaced it, and after a good 20 minutes finally had the list in our hot hands!

We got on our gear and I got my camera and we went outside to start the hunt. Katie's friends Madison and Madison were out there riding their bikes (Katie doesn't have a bike yet, she is only 2.5!) Then the topic of popsicles came up and since we hadn't eaten yet, the crying fit began. In we went, took off our gear and I made chicken salad sandwiches for the family. Todd added grapes and we were all set! Katie insisted on sitting on the couch, all of us, to eat, and so we did.

We had a nice, non-scavenger hunt, night filled with laughter and fun that we needed noting for but each other.

Tonight Katie and I will try the scavenger hunt again since Todd has bowling. :)

0 comments: