Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Times are busy!

Katie was picked up last Friday by her Grandma and Grandpa for a weekend getaway. They had a surprise at their house for her to play with: a doll house full of furniture and dolls. I hear she was super interested. This is good! Our good friends the Harris' have gotten her a doll house for Christmas and I plan to get all of the things to go in the house. Needless to say, Katie didn't go to bed until 11:30 on Friday night. But don't worry, she was right up at 8! They went to see the Backyardigans on Saturday night at the Masonic Temple in Detroit and then I met them to have dinner afterward.

Todd and I went to eat at Johnny Carino's and had the most amazing dinner with this amazing appetizer that we will have again. Then we went shopping for me. Then to see The Secret Life of Bees, which I wasn't all that impressed with. I know better then to watch a movie after I have read, and loved, the book.

Sunday was full of photo sessions. I had 4 total and the day went by so fast. I am still so sore. I now have to edit all of those photos I took!

Katie and Todd made cookies last night. There were a few lost eggs, but that is ok, Katie loves to baking with daddy... well, and mommy, when mommy isn't working.

This week is full: Tonight I have a photo session and then I need to spend time editing again. Tomorrow, more of the same. Thursday I have an appointment. Friday we have NOTHING! And then Saturday we have many options. I think I am going to go do a quick shoot for a friend of mine with her family. Then there is an event in downtown Howell Todd mentioned. Then Saturday night my mom would like us to come there for an event in Northville, but our neighbor is having their yearly party. The issue is that Todd and I aren't really into parties. We usually leave after an hour. Their kids are all the same age, go to the same school and they have more in common then us. We just feel like we are more and more out of the loop then we were before we had Katie. Needless to say, Todd would rather do the thing with my mom. Then Sunday is shooting day, though only 2 session booked, which is nice :)

I need to pace myself with photography. I love it, I love the money and I love the people. But I also love my family and time with them, to me, is precious.

1 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Just stopping by for the first time.