Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Pickin' and good friends!

We went to Washington Twp. to see our very good friend Jennifer and Dennis and their little on Alyssa (though Katie insists her name is Lanie) on Saturday for our annual Apple Picking and Fall Fun day! Jennifer and Dennis are one of many reasons I wish we lived on that side of town and regret where we live now. I miss seeing them as much as we used to. Game nights and movies and just the whole thing. We will live over there again and I know these friends will still be around when we do. :)







Katie also got stung by a bee while we were apple picking. She was on Dennis' shoulders, eating an apple, and I looked over and heard her scream and then i saw a little honey bee fly away. I knew right away. I got her off her shoulders and looked, she didn't want to show me, but I saw it. It was just a tad swollen, not bad. She wanted a band aid and Jennifer had one in her purse (good mom alert!) and so we put it on and went back to picking. No allergic reaction! Yeah! :)



We went to another cider mill down the way and saw HUGE pumpkins and Katie got to ride a pony, which she adored! She was so excited! I think I was more excited then she was.



Then back to Den and Jen's for dinner. We had home made salsa courtesy of Mrs. Chambers. We had yummy steak that Katie ate! With potatoes and asparagus and then pie for dessert! We were sent home with salmon that Dennis caught, some of that salsa we loved and a bit of pie. Katie was sent home with a belly full of giggles because Dennis, I think, is her favorite non-related adult out there! She just thinks he is the cat's meow.




0 comments: